Recommended products and opinions
1. Ice machine H. Koenig KB12 – Large number of cubes easily and quicklyOur first ice maker attracts attention for its elegant design . It has the option of preparing cubes in two different sizes s , 1 and 1.5 centimeters respectively. In just 6 hours it is capable of making 3 kilos of ice, having capacity for up to 15 . The control is very simple, and you can see the amount of ice that has already been manufactured through the window included in the lid.You just have to add water and connect this domestic ice maker, and in 40 minutes the bucket will already be full of cubes to add to your drinks. This domestic ice maker includes a timer , a shovel to extract the cubes more easily, and an instruction manual in Spanish . It is made of stainless steel , so it is a very strong and durable product.
The only negative point of this home ice maker is that, when the bucket is full, it enters Stand By mode and stops cooling. Therefore, you will have to be aware to extract the cubes before they melt.
If you are looking for a durable and durable ice machine with ease of use and large capacity, the H. Koenig KB12 is a great choice. In just 40 minutes your container will be full of cubes, being able to choose between two different sizes. It has capacity for up to 15 kg of ice, and includes an instruction manual in Spanish so you can get the most out of it.
|✅ Up to 15 kg of ice in 24 hours||⛔ When the bucket is filled, it enters Stand By mode, so you will have to take out the cubes so they do not melt|
|✅ Made of stainless steel|
|✅ Very simple to use|
|✅ Two different sizes of ice|
2. Ice machine Winkel KW12 – Speed and functionalityThe next ice maker at home on the list is characterized by its large capacity. Its tank supports up to 2.2 liters of water , so you can make lots of ice without having to refill it. The control is very simple , having to use only one button. It has a i luminous NDICATOR that notifies you when it’s over water or ice basket is full. The container to which the cubes fall is removable , which makes it easy to use them to cool your drinks. This ice cube machine is very fast , having the first batch ready in just 15 minutes. In 24 hours, it is capable of manufacturing up to 12 kg of ice , more than enough to meet the needs of most people.
The only downside of this domestic ice cube maker is that it only manufactures them of one size, somewhat smaller than those you can buy at the supermarket or manufacture with a bucket.
The Winkel Kw12 is an ice machine with a large capacity, fast and easy to use. It has indicator lights to facilitate the process, a window through which you can see the amount of ice it has prepared, and a removable tray. In just 15 minutes prepare the first batch of cubes. In short, it is an ideal product for parties, bars, or even to use at home.
|✅ Up to 12 kg of ice in 24 hours||⛔ The cubes are somewhat small|
|✅ The first batch leaves in 15 minutes|
|✅ Very simple to use|
|✅ It has a removable tray|
3. Klarstein Mr. Silver Frost ice machine – Greater control and comfortThe next ice cube maker on the list is characterized by having great power. In only 6 minutes s you are able to have prepared the first batch of cubes; Therefore, it is ideal for makeshift parties or as an ice machine for bar. Its 3.3 liter capacity tank guarantees you to be able to manufacture a large number of cubes without having to constantly refill it. In addition, you can choose between three different sizes , using the LED indicators on the control panel, as well as access your timer. This machine allows you to manufacture up to 15 kg of ice in a single day . On the other hand, it is a very compact and easy to clean household ice maker . You can choose between two different designs , both built with stainless steel and therefore very resistant.
The negative point of this domestic ice maker is that you will have to watch out to empty it of cubes on a regular basis so that production does not stop.
If you are looking for an ice cube machine with the highest capacity and power in the market, the Klarstein Mr. Silver Frost is a very good option. It has several extras that will make your life easier, such as your timer or the three size options for the cubes. In just 6 minutes, the first ice will be ready to pour into your drink.
|✅ Speed and power: only 6 minutes until the first round is ready||⛔ You will have to be aware to empty it when the ice is made|
|✅ Tank with capacity for 3.3 liters of water|
|✅ Very simple to use|
|✅ Programmable timer|
4. Clatronic EWB 3526 ice machine – Low consumption and large capacityThe Clatronic EWB 3526 is one of the ice machines for bars that consumes less energy . With only 95 W of power, it is capable of preparing up to 15 kg of ice in 24 hours . In addition, it is compact and resistant , ideal for use at home, in the office or when you go on vacation. It has a tank that supports up to 2.2 liters of water , very simple and intuitive electronic control , and several light and acoustic indicators that let you know when the ice container is full or the water tank empty. The cubes made by this ice machine are approximately 2 centimeters in diameter, smaller than those of the supermarket but with a size larger than average .
The negative point of this machine is that it weighs 11 kilos, something more than the average of the rest of ice machines at home.
If you are looking for an ice machine that makes cubes without consuming too much energy, the Clatronic EWB 3526 should be one of your first choices. With only 95 W of power, it is capable of preparing up to 15 kilos of ice in 24 hours. In addition, the cubes are larger than average, and the machine is strong and durable, perfect for taking to the office or on vacation.
|✅ Low power consumption||⛔ Weight somewhat larger than usual|
|✅ Up to 15 kilos of ice in 24 hours|
|✅ Cubes larger than average|
|✅ Easy to use|
5. Proficook EWB 1007 ice machine – Compact and powerfulWe finished our list with this Proficook brand domestic cube maker. It is a very compact device , ideal for use at home, in the office or even as a bar ice machine. With its 180 W of power, it is capable of manufacturing 12 cubes in 12 minutes , making up to 15 kilos of ice in 24 hours . Its operation is very intuitive thanks to its multifunction touch panel , and has several light and acoustic indicators that let you know when the tank is empty or the bucket is full. In addition, this ice machine includes an ECO function that saves energy , as well as the possibility of programming the time it is running thanks to its timer . At the end of the program, this ice cube maker will automatically disconnect to avoid spending more than necessary.
The negative point of this ice machine is that the cubes are a bit small, but thanks to the large volume it makes in a short time, you can simply add more until your drinks are as you like them.
If you are looking for a compact, resistant ice cube machine that prepares ice quickly, the Proficook EWB 1007 is undoubtedly one of the best options. Able to manufacture up to 12 cubes in 12 minutes, with a very intuitive control thanks to its touch screen, and several extra functions and accessories, you can use it to cover all your needs in a very simple and effective way.
|✅ Great speed making cubes||⛔ The cubes are a bit small|
|✅ Very simple control|
|✅ Includes several extra functions and accessories|
Buying guide for the best ice cube machines of 2020Still don’t know what ice machine to buy? In this part of the guide I explain the main differences between them.
What types of ice machines are there?Basically, there are two types of ice machines: the ones that manufacture it on a large scale, and the portable ones, like those mentioned in this guide. While those of the first type are widely used by large industries and usually prepare ice in bars or large pieces, laptops are used to make cubes and are ideal for use at home or in bars and restaurants.
Machine powerThe power of portable ice machines usually varies between 80 and 200 W. At higher power, the ice making process will be less, but it will also consume more electricity and possibly make more noise.
Size and capacityThe average size of an ice machine is around 40 x 40 x 40 centimeters, and they usually have a capacity close to two liters. As for the ice it can produce, the normal is between 10 and 15 kilos every 24 hours, more than enough to cover the needs of most people. Of course there are larger and more powerful machines, but they tend to be more expensive and take up too much space.
How does a household ice maker work at home?The operation of ice machines is very simple. You just have to add the water, program the amount of ice you want it to produce, and wait for the first ice to begin to be manufactured. Once the container container of the cubes is full, you will have to remove them from the machine so that it can continue with its function. Normally the first remittances will be made of not too large cubes, so a good trick is usually to let them fall back into the water and start using the cubes from the second or third batch. Normally ice machines usually have trays that make it easy for you to extract ready-made cubes.
Top brands of ice machinesNext I want to talk to you about which ones I consider the best ice machines on the market. I rely on several criteria that I also detail below.
Klarstein ice machinesOne of the best things Klarstein ice machines have is their design. These are compact stainless steel machines that, in addition to being able to have the cubes ready in a short time, normally have up to 3 different sizes for our ice preparations. That means that we can prepare any type of ice based on the needs we have at all times. By the way, it must be said that you can do it in a short time so you will not have to wait long. By the way, its display system is the sea of simple to handle.
ThinkGizmos ice machinesThinkGizmos ice machines are one of the most powerful on the market that, in particular, can offer us up to 12 kg of ice in 24 hours. That for some machines designed for home use is more than enough. Like the previous brand, it can also offer us cubes of three different sizes and also has an audible alert to let us know when our ice cubes are ready. Finally, I would like to highlight that it has an affordable price compared to other brands that offer less for more.
Kitchen Chef ice machinesKitchen Chef is a brand that can also offer us good ice machines for several reasons. However, for me the most outstanding of this brand is the compact sieve of all its designs. Despite this, it can offer us up to 12kg of ice in 24 hours. A figure more than surprising that, by the way, can do in various sizes. It hardly makes any noise and, finally, it must be said that most of its models feature self-cleaning. For all these reasons, I think it should also be on this list of the best brands of ice machines.
What is an ice machine?It is a device for domestic or commercial use, which is used for the manufacture of ice, through a very fast and efficient process, having a certain amount in a short time and completely eliminating dependence on ice providers.
How to choose the best ice machine?Each model of these machines, have totally different characteristics, this means that, before choosing one, a series of aspects must be taken into account to be able to find the one that best suits the needs:
The productionIt is important to know how much ice you want to produce, since each model produces different quantities. If it is a home, a machine that generates large amounts of ice will not be needed, while if it is a business such as a restaurant, it will be necessary. Some models can produce up to 10 kg of ice daily at least and the maximum will be up to about 25 kg every day. The ice cubes made by this device weigh approximately 50 grams each, that means that, with a 10 kg machine, about 200 ice cubes can be produced per day, while the 25 kilogram machine can produce 500 cubes.
FeedingThis is another factor to consider, therefore, some domestic machines may include a water tank with a capacity of up to 4 liters, so they will work with electricity. These machines are quite comfortable, because their design is specially designed for easy use even outdoors as long as they are connected to electricity. They can be filled with water easily. The most professional, can be connected by a water pipe, so you will not need to be monitoring its level, since, by itself, it will be drinking the water that is in your tank every time you need it.
The type and shape of iceAll models of these machines that exist in the market, can produce that characteristic shape of cubes, but others can produce more crushed ice. The most professional or advanced, allow the manufacture of these types of ice, which are combined or the so-called Smoothies. With regard to size, everything will depend on the model, so the machine will produce larger or smaller ice. In turn, between the shapes of cubes you can create holes or massifs
Other aspectsMany of these machines may include some additional accessories, which may be important at the time of choice. Some may bring a large spoon that can be used to serve the ice and even a basket to pour it. It is also necessary to mention that some of them have the capacity to recycle water, in order to make more ice with it.
Reasons to buy an ice machineSometimes, when you are going to make the decision to buy an item for home or business, many people wonder, will it be profitable? Why would i have to buy it? To answer all these questions, the following should be taken into account:
- It is profitable: they are very economical because they do not require large maintenance, cause lower consumption of both electricity and water and, in addition, you will not need to spend money on buying packaged ice.
- Easy ice: because of its power, it can make quantities of ice cubes very quickly.
- Different ways: you can also produce them in different designs to be served in different drinks.
- More space: space in the refrigerators will be saved by not using the uncomfortable ice packs.
- Hygiene control: when manufactured at home, it can be ensured that ice cubes are manufactured with adequate health
Ice machine frequent or sporadic use?As these tools have been manufactured to have a lasting lifespan, they are very resistant, it is for this reason that, if you want to use only for special occasions, such as barbecues and other family gatherings, you should only keep them completely dry before storing and ready. But if, on the contrary, you want to use it more frequently, such as in the office or a bar, it will also fulfill its function well and without any problem.
Types of ice machinesIn the market you can find different models and brands of these machines, all with their own characteristics, but you should also know that there are 3 types of domestic ice makers, which are:
Modular ice machineThere are several sizes and with different capacities to produce ice. The storage tank is located separately and also comes in different capacities. It is usually stackable, so that it can be placed on the tank giving the appearance of being a single piece. This also facilitates cleaning, to perform the process separately.
Autonomous ice machineThe tray that collects the ice is included in the machine, being a totally individual unit, which makes it take up less space. This makes its ability to make ice less than others.
Under counter ice machineDue to its compact design, this machine allows you to have ice on hand quickly and without needing a large space. It manufactures and stores ice in smaller quantities, which means having to do more again.
How to clean an ice machine?These devices do not need such thorough cleaning, however, certain care must be considered to ensure optimum performance. One of the things that should be done is to make sure there are no ice cubes. The water stored in the tank must also be emptied, so that mold does not occur or when new buckets are made they have a bad taste.
Where can an ice machine be installed?It is very important to have the fundamental knowledge of the places where the machine can be installed, since it is necessary to keep in mind that the temperature of the environment can influence the quality of the ice:
- Places with temperatures below 10 ° C or above 38 ° C.
- They should not be near heat sources such as ovens and stoves.
- Be sure to install the machine in a place with enough space and, in addition, can pass through the door without difficulties if you need to get out of there at some point.
- It is advisable to leave a free space around the machine, so as not to impede the entry of air and discharge. This, in addition, will serve to facilitate the cleaning of the apparatus.
- It should be located as close as possible to an outlet and also to that of water.
- If the machine includes a water filtration system, considerable space must be left for it.
- It should not be located in places where there is any kind of moisture, as this could cause a short circuit.
Where to buy the best ice machine?Nowadays and thanks to the internet, it is not necessary to move to an establishment to buy an ice machine, because in the different online stores that are on the network, it can be purchased quickly and safely:
- Machine of ice in Amazon: in this store, you can find a great variety of models and macas most popular, of the high, medium and low range.
- Ice machine in Carrefour: this platform makes available a wide range of this article, in large quantities and at different prices.
- Ice machine in El Corte Inglés: unfortunately they do not have a great variety and quantities, but, however, they have good quality machines.